Why restaurants need Social Powered Wi-Fi and how to sell it to them.
- Why Restaurants Need Social Wi-Fi
- How to Pitch a Restaurant
- Types of Campaigns for Restaurants
- Advertising Opportunities for Restaurants
Why Restaurants Need Social Wi-Fi
Why restaurants need Social Powered Wi-Fi
- Build a database of leads for retargeting
- Boost brands social awareness
- Improves restaurant's’ reputation
- Keeps the restaurant competitive
- Frequency of guest visits will increase (with retargeting)
- Boost in sales
Before pitching a restaurant, you need to be informed!
- 64% of consumers make a restaurant choice based on availability of Wi-Fi services (Source: Accenture)
- ⅓ of consumers said they would stay in the store longer if free Wi-Fi was available (Source: WiFi Alliance)
- 62% of local business customers spend more time in store if Wi-Fi is available (Source: iGR)
Customers will spend more time at the restaurant if free Wi-Fi is available
- Half of small businesses surveyed said that customers spent more money when Free Wi-Fi is available (Source: BI Intelligence)
- 72% - That’s the success rate of businesses who offer free Wi-Fi to boost sales (Source: IGR)
When customers stay longer, they spend more $$$
Now, let’s take a second to think about the last time you went out for dinner. How did you find the restaurant? Online? Walk-in off the street?
No doubt before deciding where to dine, you looked at an online menu. Most importantly, an online review.
This last part is KEY!!!!
Reputation management is especially important for restaurants as they help inform consumers about the quality of food, service and the overall experience they are going to expect from the restaurant.
Personally, if a restaurant has limited positive reviews and is under 4 stars, I will not dine here.
How to Pitch a Restaurant
Today’s consumers are mobile focused and even make decisions on where to eat based on the availability of Free WiFi. Stop giving away Free WiFi and start seeing a positive return on your investment.
When you use our Social Powered WiFi solution, you’ll be able to allow your customers to connect with Facebook, Twitter, Google, or LinkedIn in exchange for Free Wi-Fi access.
By providing your customers with a reliable free Wi-Fi service in exchange for logging in with Social Media, you’ll increase your social media presence and engagement effectively boosting your online social reputation.
This can be done by having the customer redirected to the Social Media page of your choice after logging in to your Free WiFi, and encouraging them to ‘like’ your business or ‘share’ about their visit.
After all, 78% of small businesses attract new customers through Social Media. Getting consumers to ‘like’ or ‘follow’ your business on social media will empower your customers to connect with you on a daily basis. The more ‘likes’ and ‘shares’ a business gets, the more interest you can generate from future customers.
Or, you can have them redirected to a review page of your choice, either Yelp or a Facebook business page that asks them to leave a positive rating if they enjoyed their experience.
Want to further entice your customers to leave a positive review? Consider setting up a contest to promote engagement.
“Log in to our free WiFi and leave us a review for a chance to win dinner for 2.”
And with the availability of Free WiFi, customers will spend more time in-store. This means a boost in average spend per table and an increase in revenue for you, the business owner.
The opportunities are endless when you choose a Social Powered WiFi Solution today!
Types of Campaigns for Restaurants
When deciding on the type of campaign, you’ll need to ask the business owner some questions to determine what type of campaign best suits their needs.
Are they looking to increase reputation? Communicate with their customers? Re-target to consumers?
Get creative. Work with the business owner to identify their specific needs and develop a customized campaign for their business.
Here are some types of Social Powered Wi-Fi campaigns and how to implement them using the MyWIFi Platform.
- Reputation Management Campaign
- URL redirect to YELP
- Social Awareness
- FB login with redirect to business page
- Engagement Campaign
- Log in to WiFi and win!
- FB retargeting
- Retarget users who’ve been to the location with promotions and follow-ups
Advertising Opportunities for Restaurants
With the MyWiFI Platform, you can easily create advertising opportunities for you and the business owner.
- Internal advertising
- Advertise the businesses currently daily promotions on the landing page / thank you page
- Is the restaurant sponsored by a specific brewing company, for example, Molson Canadian?
- You can create a relationship with the restaurant sponsor and have the sponsors ad appear on the landing page - Revenue sharing